Old July 14th 05, 04:04 AM
Steven Fritts

I had one of these rigs. I connected the fan directly to 12 volts and
let it run all the time.

Steve

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:30:24 -0400, "Bernie Murphy"
wrote:

The fan in my trusty ICOM 735 has stopped working. This is the small
squirrel cage fan that cools the PA heatsink when the radio is transmitting.
Has anyone ever had a fan failure? The fan itself spins manually. I called
ICOM Canada and they indicated that ICOM no longer stocks parts of this type
for the 15 year old 735. The failure could also be caused by the control
circuit in the ICOM 735 that turns on the fan at different speeds depending
on the temperature of the PA heatsink.

If anyone has a parted out ICOM 735, please let me know. Highly
unlikely --- as ICOM indicated that the ICOM 735 was an extremely reliable
radio.

Any ideas here or experience with this problem? Is there a newsgroup
devoted to ICOM radios?

Regards,
Bernie, VE3FWF, Ottawa, Canada