Old July 14th 05, 01:11 AM
Sid Schweiger

All stations ought to put the chief engineer's email on their web page;
you have no idea the hassle it is to discover who they are, and I assume
they'd like to be the first to hear, not the last.

Wrong, on two counts:

1) You assume every station has a chief engineer. Most stations in small
and medium markets have contract engineers...no one full-time.

2) You assume they have the time or inclination to read e-mail from the
public. Every CE I know, even those in major markets with the luxury of a
staff, has no time for such things. They have to pay attention to little
things like keeping their stations on the air.

With one (WRFD 880 Columbus, spurious signal on 760) I couldn't get past

the station manager. She said they check the frequency regularly and I was
probably hearing a harmonic. The women are the worst. (Curious fact, 2 x
WOSU 820 - 880 = 760)

Sexist comments aside, how do you know she wasn't telling the truth? How do
you know the intermod product you describe isn't being generated in your
radio?