Old July 14th 05, 11:48 AM
Dave

sure, closer to the ground you get more loss in the ground. also there may
be some power going into other lobes and also the vertical lobe may be wider
giving lower peak gain. this is one of the big reasons to do modeling, the
changes in pattern and gain do not always follow what you might expect.

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
I was modeling a 5el 20m yagi. I changed antenna
height over realistic ground. As I expected, lowering
from 50' to 25' changed the take off angle from 18
degrees to 28 degrees.

What suprised me was the forward gain went from
14.44 dbi (@50') to 12.63 dbi (@25').

Is this normal?

--
Just my 2¢... 73 es gd dx de Ken KGØWX