Old July 15th 05, 12:59 PM
tjs

Yes I think I will have to test the MOVs to really know. Or as you suggested
take a MOV out and measure resistor temperature.

"John Popelish" wrote in message
tjs wrote:
This is close the exact component I have.

http://www.maida.com/content/product...6121ZOV181RA04
It shows 320pF. Its marked 04UL is supposed to mean 40 joules, although

the
data sheet says 60J.
Tim

I want to conclude that the MOV can short pulling over 25ma thru the

1/8th
watt resistor, heating it up, due to 10khz components on the voltage,

and
not an actual high voltage. Would this be a true statement?

Without having the exact waveform, it is impossible to say exactly how
much current the MOV capacitance allows through. I suggest you try an
experiment of removing one of the MOVs and see how much cooler the
resistor runs.