Old July 15th 05, 11:18 PM
RM MS

There are no bids yet on that GE radio, and I'd buy it in a second, if I
did not already have one of these excellent instruments. I prefer it to
any recent Superradio I've seen, and the sound is pwerful and clear.
Constructon includes a die-cast frame as a speaer baffle and antenna
counterpoise. This is no piece of junk like the new Superradios; tuning
is smooth and spread out well, even into theupper end of the
(non-expanded) band, and it is stable, not drifting off like the new
SR's because of crappy mechanicals and microscopic bandspread. I have
had this one for maybe 5 years, bought it at a garage sale for $10 and
used it daily ever since (like right now). There was an excellent
website telling the development and some design principles of this
radio, but I cannot find it right now. It was written by one fthe cheif
designers and also tells of the state of GE at the time. Very
interesting. This radio was intended from the start to be a classic for
its time and beyond. If anybody has the model number, use that for a
Google search and the site will show up. There is no model numer on the
radio, but Iran across one on another radio site and went from there.
I'd gladly spend $30 or more for this old radio, it is so good. Don't
miss your chance (no, that is no mine on ebay, mine is playing softly on
the table on my back porch, like it is every day). And, I am not
selling mine, don't ask.