Old July 16th 05, 08:31 AM
Ed

Thanks all. Tom, I've been in electronics thirty years or so, but always
solid state.Now I'm going backwards to boatanchors. I know most of the old
sayings such as "keep one hand in your pocket" etc., but I'm more interested
in practical considerations of draining capacitors, proper wiring
techniques, and so forth. I know that even unplugged tube devices can jump
out and get you, and I'd like to avoid this...especially in high power RF
amplifiers. I've got Bill Orr's handbook, years of old magazines from the
50's, and ARRL handbooks; great circuits but little in technique. It's like
school, great on theory but troubleshooting is only taught in the doing.
73, Bob.
"K7ITM" wrote in message
ups.com...
Try any of the older Radio Amateur's Handbooks for a start, for
practical stuff. Are you looking for how to work safely with high
voltages, or for practical circuits, or for theory? Are you interested
in RF power amplifiers, or something else?

Cheers,
Tom