Old July 16th 05, 02:51 PM
Steven L Umbach

I don't know your budget but you can get a brand new real ham radio that
covers nine bands with 100 watts for around $545 - the Icom 718. It may not
look as fancy as some of the CB base rigs but it will abosutlely blow them
away in performance, particualry for the reciever. Going up from there and
your options are many as far as rigs. --- Steve KK9ZZ

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0718.html --- Icom 718
http://www.hamradio.com/ --- one link to ham radio equipment.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/947 -- subjective reviews of the Icom
718 and to eham.

"Dennis" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,
New to ham, former CB'er in the process of obtaining my license. Would
appreciate any feedback, advise or suggestions on what is best 10M base
station rig. Don't have a lot of $$ but was looking at the Galaxy-2715
or Ranger-2890WX.
Thanx in advance & any info is appreciated.