Old July 16th 05, 05:16 PM
Mark S. Holden

The Springfield factory's Roll Royce official explanation in limeyland
was Rolls Royce cars weren't selling too well in America.(now I ask
y'all,were they or were they not?) At the Rolls Royce factory in
Massatwobumps,they were useing some American made parts.Go figure.I have
stacks and stacks of books here about antique automobiles.
cuhulin

Rolls Royce cars have always sold well in the USA.

The problem was many people didn't believe the Springfield cars were as
good as the ones made in England.

So even though it meant paying an import duty, people would request the
ones made in England. So it didn't make sense to keep the Springfield
plant open.

1931 was also the year they bought Bentley.