Old July 16th 05, 10:26 PM
craigm

Nic. Santean wrote:
So PLEASE be more specific what YOU want!

P.S. I do want nothing. I have a Panasonic RF2600 (tabletop) and I am pretty
happy with it. I just want to grasp the state of the art in portable
receivers - without going into any detail.

-- Nic.

A receiver popularity poll is not going to give you an updateon the
state of the art. If that is what you are looking for, then just ask it.
You may get your answer sooner as 1) people will be reponding to what
you really want, and 2) you won't get labelled as a troll.

Not a lot has changed in the past several years. Synthesized radios have
become less expensive. There is more integration of function that
generally drives costs down. The market is dominated by imports from
China and Taiwan.

Skipping the detail really won't tell you much.

craigm

P.S. Say you want nothing and then adding "I just want" could be confusing.