Old July 17th 05, 12:03 PM

i need a variable for a receiving loop antenna....
In the May 2005 issue of 'Electron' ( mag of VERON ,the IARU affiliated
society in the Netherlands) there is an article , by PE1LKT ,on a homebrew
'sliding 'capacitor made of pieces of double sided printed circuit board.
5 plates are fixed with 4 plates sliding in between.....

QST has published several homemade-capacitors articles in the last few years:
* A Home-Brew Loop Tuning Capacitor (November, 1994)
* A Homemade High-Power Tuning Capacitor (June, 1983)
* One I recall (but can't find; my QST's are paper, someone with the
QST CDs could do a search) which used concentric tubes with thin
plastic around the inner/inside the outer

Ok, so "few" is relative at my age!-)
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge