Old July 17th 05, 01:16 PM

K=D8HB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.getboost.com/dz/sienna.htm

It's a delight to see a startup in the high-end kit business.

Yep. Fortunately it does not compete with any Southgate Radio products.

Some off-the-top comments....

Integrated PC got me thinking "SDR", but must not be, because
the embedded PC is an option.

Could be SDR without the embedded PC. The PC option seems to me
to be a way of putting the entire station in one box, without
the usual cabling - if you want that.

He calls it a "3-night" kit --- I wonder how much of the
assembly work is already complete?

Most of it, appears to me.

$6-grand fully optioned, puts it up there at about three times the pric=

e of an
FT-100MP Mk V or an Icom 756PRO II, and almost 4 times the
price of a Kenwood
TS-2000. Only the IC-7800 and FT-9000 are spendier!

Sure, but what do the options include?

Would be nice to see some performance numbers.

That's the real crunch, as it were. At the posted price I'd think it
would need to top everything else on the market on the important
numbers.

One good sign is that the company will not accept any money until they
are actually shipping the product.

I wonder how many they will actually ship?

--

For comparison, a fully optioned K2/100 tops out at maybe $1600 (IIRC)
without power supply or computer. That's with 160-10, SSB, NB, audio

Over 5000 K2s have been sold, with minimal advertising.

73 de Jim, N2EY