Old July 17th 05, 07:29 PM

scott wrote:
diminished international broadcasts...bpl coming....why bother with sw
anymore

Well for one thing, everyone who is important in the defense, state,
and intelligence departmnet still uses it. INTERNET is too easy too
trace, and is full of bugs.

Second, if it is dead then I suggest you get a better receiver...it is
crawling with signals.

And third, in my line of work, the bad guys and everyone with a cause
is using it......only a fool would use a system or a computer with
tracability on it and throughout the servers it threads the
communications to.

SW is far from dead...probably the same people who missed out on the
Cold War action are missing out on the hottest thing since then.