Old July 18th 05, 05:18 AM
Jim Adney

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:22:54 GMT "Z.Z." wrote:

What's the difference between a silver mica cap and a plain old mica cap?
Is there any? I mean with respect to size, performance, stability, voltage
ratings, etc. Where would one be used instead of the other?

I believe these are just 2 different names for the same thing. Silver
mica caps come in various cases, and those cases have varied over the
decades, but they've always consisted of a mica wafer plated on each
side.

I've never seen a manufacturer's catalog that made this distinction.

The little mica compression variables would be an exception, as those
are not plated, but I suspect you're not asking about those.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA