Old July 18th 05, 04:16 PM
Steve Stone

Default NYC area - Using TV 6 to get on FM BCB ??

Some strange happenings around NYC maybe someone can help me better
understand.

First item:

There seems to be a TV channel 6 station on the air from NYC metro area
with the only reason to be on the air is to act like a FM station on
87.7. Any one have details on this ?

Second item:

A friend who works and travels from Lodi NJ to the Catskills in NY says
he is hearing a bunch of Spanish LPFM stations scattered across the
Hudson Valley , all on the same FM frequency, all playing the same
programming on a low end frequency that has never been assigned to any
radio station by the FCC in the country with one exception, and this is
not the exception. Could this be a pirate station with translators
linked by internet ? I think he said the freq was 87.9 but don't hold me
to that.

Steve