Old July 18th 05, 10:31 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Air Force One coax ??

At the OKC hamfest I got a piece of neat looking coax that is double
shielded with silver braid, with a sort of clear pink outer cover. It has
connectors so I don't know the thickness of the center conductor.
It's stamped with the following characters:
68999, AA-2831. 81205, 204-15578-1, AUGUST 1996

I asked the seller, an ex-Boeing employee about it and he said it's the same
kind as used in Air Force One. He couldn't recall the specs but said it was
Teflon, good to a Gig but he had used it outdoors. for 2 meters and 440.

Can anyone tell me more or point me to a site?
tnx
--

73
Hank WD5JFR

I've tried to find the specs but get only one hit googling::
http://www.waea.org/tech/techdocs/SatSpec0798V1.doc

This site kind of confirms what the seller said.