Old July 19th 05, 02:09 AM
PowerHouse Communications

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Peter Maus wrote:

Sure, I'll get on that. It's about a 50 drive from where I am.
For a stock number. Not a problem.

I didn't ask you to drive anywhere, I simply asked if you had the
part number of what you were talking about.

Try DigiKey. This is not the only place there goto

http://dkc1.digikey.com/US/PDF/T052/Section.html

and down load "Section O (1522-1584) - Optoelectronics, LEDs, LCDs,
Lasers, Displays"

Specifically, the first White, actually Ultra White LED I found that
operated at 1.5V is on page 1550 in the above PDF file. Made by Lumex and
under heading "DSP LEDs Low Voltage LEDs, 1.5V"

Quote: (Sorry about the spacing... Lousy OE Newsreader...)
KEY:
PKG Type, Emitted Color, Lens Color, Forward V (Min), Current ), mcd @
2V, Angle, Digi-Key Part#, Price each (1,10,100), Lumex Part#
5mm | Ultra White | Water Clear | 1.5V | 2.5 | 3000 | 30° | 67-1877-ND |
3.39 | 2.83 | 2.55 | SSL-DSP5093UWC

Here's a link to the Spec sheet for this LED...
http://www.lumex.com/images/pdf/SSL-DSP5093UWC.pdf
And webpage it was linked from:
http://www.lumex.com/product.asp?id=1006106

According to the SPEC sheet, it was dated just about 2-years ago, so I would
assume that these 1.5V white LEDs have been available at least that long...