Old July 19th 05, 06:33 PM
Ed

I am livign in an apartment, so I cant transmit (no towers and what
not) so I am looking for what would suit my needs best for HF and
shortwave recption in general

I have googled a bit and havent found much in the way of easy to
build or easy to obtain parts to build antennas

any help would be really appreciated
cheers

There is no reason anyone living in an apartment can't get on the
air, at least to some extent. Have you checked MFJ products for antennas
that would suit your needs? http://www.mfjenterprises.com

There is the mini whip apartment antenna for 40 - 10M, which will
mount right on an outside window sill, MFJ-1622, and there are a
number of totally indoor antenna loops you can use, although they are
rather pricey, such as MFJ-1788. If you operate QRP at 5 watts, or even
up to around 20 watts, none of your neighbors will even know you are on
the air. Good luck

Ed