Old July 21st 05, 11:35 PM

Carter,I happen to own a 1914 Ford Model T Runabout Roadster car.I have
to push the starting handle in and keep my right hand thumb (I am right
handed) and my knees out of the way when I start up that old
car.But,once I get it warmed up a little bit,all I have to do is shut
off the ignition and let the engine stop running and then switch the
ignition back on and if one of the four cylinders is on or near top dead
center,all I have to do is kick a tire and that old Ford T Model engine
will start right up.(it works every time) What if your modern day
vehicle has a burned out starter motor? How are you going to get it
started up if it isn't a straight shift and you can't push it down a
hill in second gear?
cuhulin