Old July 22nd 05, 04:42 AM
Jim Haynes

In article ,
Alex Flinsch wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:48:30 +0000, Jim Haynes wrote:

I'm not smart enough to write a control program for the Kachina that runs
under Linux, and I don't expect anybody else is going to now that the
radio is out of production.

don't be too surprised, but hamlib http://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib
supports the kachina, so any control program that uses it should work.
Ifnot, there is always the commandline...

Yeah, I'm aware of the support in hamlib. I'm not aware of control programs
that use hamlib - and one would have to be pretty elaborate to handle the
Kachina. As for the command line - well I'm actually a big fan of command
line software (I know how to type) but that is really too clunky to use
with the Kachina. Command line stuff to tell the computer what to do is
one thing, but taking the place of knobs and pushbuttons is a bit much.
--

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net