Old July 22nd 05, 06:16 AM
John Smith

Robert:

I would think a real president would have surrounded himself with
highly capable people.

In the event of ANY threat, accident or other occurrence, a
contingency plan would already be in place which would cover the
emergency in question--indeed, if it were I which were president,
there would even be a plan in place which would ensure America is
quite safe and well protected and life could go on as usual with
EVERYTHING being taken in step, even upon my death, or even the death
of myself and a great number of my people. If you are president there
is no reason to expect the American people to settle for anything
less!

Indeed, even if I were blocked from communication and interaction, for
some period of time, my people would have been instructed what to do
until such time as I could take my place beside them.

Now, it is fine for someone to think themself "GOD" and that the whole
universe spins about them, but as you seen with bush, this hardly is
the case when an adept person is in charge.

Indeed, if bush was visiting our most important resource (the children
of this country, as indeed what was happening) and an emergency took
place--I would go on handling the problems knowing full well that he
would need sometime to make a safe and sane exit from whatever
situations he was in, and that he was counting on me to perform in his
immediate absence--with a professional performance which would do him
justice and this nation full justice.

And, in looking back upon the whole affair, now that it has passed,
that is exactly what happened... no great surprise is it?

Indeed, now that he has had "real life" practice in just such a
situation, I would even expect it to smoother next time, and there
would even be less of a need for his quick departure...

John

"robert casey" wrote in message
nk.net...

Did you see Farenheit 911? Always working on .... things. Golly,
he seemed
so indecisive in Florida with the schoolchildren when the first
tower was
hit. Eyes kept going back and fourth ... then the secret service
guy
whispered in his ear (the second tower was hit). Still he sat
there with
his eyeballs clicking back and fourth.

If I was president, I would have just terminated the
classroom photo op. "Sorry kids, something's come up,
I gotta go." Even if I didn't have a clue as to what
to do about it, I'd still split. Maybe go to the
principal's office and borrow the phone and call various
people at the Pentagon and such.

Back on topic, the FCC released it as a proposed rule
making. But unless someone can come up with a really
good reason to keep code, it will be history. But
I doubt that there is anything about code that the
FCC hasn't already seen.