Old July 22nd 05, 03:18 PM
BDK

In article , says...
John Smith wrote:
All that can be taken care of with new bandwidth allocations. All we
do is benefit from is finally getting some new and interesting minds
to communicate with. Chatting with ancients farts gets old quickly...

Eleminating the CW test won't bring in any significant numbers of new
minds into ham radio. Ham radio just isn't interesting to the current
generation code test or no code test. All your yapping is for naught.

I don't know about that. I know two people that will probably get their
license as soon as the CW is gone. They hate it more than I do and have
no interest in anything but HF. It's not a matter of "laziness", it's a
matter of time management and not wanting to waste time learning
something the won't use. And partly pure stubbornness, I'm sure. Even
though I passed 5WPM in 73, I was totally put off by CW as a Novice, and
didn't get my license back until 90.

BDK