Old July 22nd 05, 04:25 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article , Bob Schreibmaier
wrote:

The web site seems to indicate 2.5 KW continous, 3 KW maximum.

Bob-

The Owner's Manual that came with the generator shows 3000 Watts maximum,
2300 Watts "rated" power. The manual that was downloaded from their web
site says rated output 3.0 KW, maximum output 3.2 KW. The 2300 watt
figure is the one I would rely on, but with such sloppy documentation, it
could be higher.

There were several discrepancies between what I got and what the manual says.

-The manual shows a "dip stick" attached to the oil-fill cover but there
is none on mine.

-The specifications indicate there is a choice between 120 Volts/19.2 Amps
and 240 Volts/9.6 Amps. That does not appear to be correct. There is
only one 120 Volt winding, not two wired in parallel.

-The manual shows a choke rod that is pulled for choke, pushed for run.
In fact there is a lever that is flipped to the right to choke and left to
run.

-In one place the manual shows an air filter that unsnaps for servicing.
In fact the cover has screws attaching it, which is shown correctly in the
mechanical assembly picture.

-The manual suggests that you drain the carbureter before storing the
generator. However, the method it shows does not appear to be possible on
mine.

I believe the manual may have been assembled from parts of other manuals,
not created for this specific machine.

As Justin suggested, I plan to look for an equivalent spark plug. The one
in mine is marked "LD F7TC". I found that the F7TC is made by two Chinese
companies, SG and LD. However, the only source is an importer with a
10,000 plug minimum order! Then there was a discrepancy in the importer's
picture of the plug. Mine has a threaded electrode (even though it uses a
push-on cap), but the picture did not have a threaded electrode unless
there is a piece that unscrews. I found one reference to an NGK BPR7ES as
a possible equivalent, but there was a huge disclaimer message associated
with it.

73, Fred, K4DII