Old February 28th 04, 10:27 PM
Ray Collins

Default HW 101 restoration

I just received a second one off E-Bay. The first one has some problems,
looks good but wired badly, audio hum, but no signal . The wiring is
immaculate on the second one, the guy did a really nice job. Now the
problem, there are six added switches on the front panel of the second
one. Looks like W9NJG built it as his call and SS number are
ingraved. I doubt if he performed the mods. Big resistor network for a
dummy load is mounted inside, added resistors.(in other words a mess)
Also a big muffin fan was added over the finals.

The mods are the problem anybody know what they would do? One is
labeled (in pencil) Lo Hi another has Spkr and I can't make out the
other side.

The quandry is which one to save?

Raymond
VA7 MGB