Old July 22nd 05, 07:21 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article , (Dave
Platt) wrote:

- Secure the red and black connectors together after slip-fitting them,
so that they can't come apart and be reconnected incorrectly.
Anderson provides "roll pins" for this purpose, to lock 'em
together, but I've heard some people say that these can vibrate out
of the connectors. I prefer to use a drop of Crazy Glue or acetone
to permanently bond 'em together.

Dave-

Anderson may supply the roll pins if you ask, but they don't come with the
connectors.

I found out about the adoption by various emergency organizations such as
RACES, and converted all of my equipment. I started with a roll pin in
each pair, but soon noticed that over half of the pins had fallen out.
Fortunately there was no damage from pins falling into live electronic
equipment.

Thinking I just had the wrong roll pins, I tried to buy some from an
Anderson dealer. That is where I heard about using Crazy Glue.

I hadn't considered offsetting the connectors so black and red could
connect. Yes, that would be a problem, so don't to that!

Although Anderson Power Poles seem like a good idea, I'm by myself around
here. The local RACES/ARES guys insist on using Molex connectors as their
standard (IC-22A compatible), ignoring that they aren't rated for the
current their modern equipment uses.

73, Fred, K4DII