Old July 22nd 05, 05:10 PM
John Smith

an_old_pervert:

Duh!

Think about it, they were not just asking for comments on peoples
likes, dislikes and wants...

They actually wanted relevant arguments of worth, purpose and logic to
be presented--obliviously, when none could be presented which posed
sufficient reasons for keeping it--it was decided to drop it.

Imagine that, using logic and worth to decide something--now you don't
see that type of common sense these days--how dare they do something
like that!!!

ROFLOL!!!!

John

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Observations:

- Although the majority of individuals who commented on the 18
proposals supported code testing, FCC proposes to completely
eliminate it.

which show the strengh of the augue emnts against continued code
testing

- There were a lot of ideas in the 18 proposals other than the code
test. FCC simply denied all suggestions for change *except* dumping
Element 1. Free upgrades for Advanceds and Novices? New entry level
classes? More HF bandspace/modes for Novices and Tech Pluses? "No"
all of them.

wrong they considered and rejected them

The FCC is taking one of the easist ways out as should have been
expected

- The changes of 2000 brought a lot of upgrades and some short-term
growth, but now the number of individuals with unexpired US ham
licenses is almost 10,000 below what it was in May of 2000. Nor has
there been any sort of "techno-revolution" from the reductions in
code
testing.

none promised you a revolution

i was arround and Know you nor anyone else was promised a revolution

Predictions:

- There will be a lot of debate and commentary. But in the end FCC
will
just dump Element 1 and make no other changes.

most likely right

- There will be a lot of upgrades and a short-term peak in
licenses.
But not long term growth.

maybe all we can hope for form just the rules is to slow the
bleeding

next stepp is up to us if we can't shakes the notion that Ham radio
is
still back in what is seen as the dark ages of radio we have some
real
hope

- The HF/MF bands will not be overrun with more activity.

- There will not be a "revolution" in technology used by hams
brought
by the new folks.

no revolution was promised

merely progress

- The focus will shift to a debate about widening the 'phone
subbands
or even having no mode subbands at all.

the discusion hasalways included that so you are safe

Your tone seems to me to forsee fear that your your preffered mode
is
going to squeezed out

73 de Jim, N2EY