Old July 22nd 05, 09:35 PM
garigue

Predictions:

- There will be a lot of debate and commentary. But in the end FCC will
just dump Element 1 and make no other changes.

Probably ...can't see much of anything else happening of note ..

- There will be a lot of upgrades and a short-term peak in licenses.
But not long term growth.

Definately ....I don't really see a mass exodus from 2 meters to the HF
phone bands ....come to think about it there isn't a heck of a lot going on
about the 2 meter band here either ......

- The HF/MF bands will not be overrun with more activity.

I hope that I am wrong but I do agree .... I think that the majority of
those who want to be on HF would already be there .... one thing fer sure is
that they ain't gonna be on CW ..... again wherein lies the true sadness

- There will not be a "revolution" in technology used by hams brought
by the new folks.

Wait a second Jim ....I know this will happen ...the no-code tech business
was just too early and on the wrong bands .... give 'em 6 months and we
will all be using those new whizz bang modes with a half watt into a 2 foot
antenna on 20 meters ... I may dare say that DXCC will be available to all
with in 48 hours with fantistic influx of MIT and CMU grads ..... I
personally know 20 engineers who have avoided getting their ticket due to
the CW requirement .... 15 of them called me last night to see when the
next nocode HF test will be .........yeahhh right ....

- The focus will shift to a debate about widening the 'phone subbands
or even having no mode subbands at all.

I only want Lebensraum fom my people ..... just a little ...... besides the
propagation on the freebands have been iffy at best of late ........

That is a for sure there Jim ...the NC tact will rear its head into the
true reason of its existance ....we will be calling each other citizen as
the guillotine falls on the neck of the CW subbands ..... as crickets can
be heard between QSOs on both phone and CW .......

73 de Jim, N2EY

Back to 40 CW and listening for hints of that new whizbang mode ........

73 KI3R Belle Vernon Pa ....