Old July 22nd 05, 09:39 PM
John Smith

robert:

Oh no, not at all...

My second in command of the military would know my wishes and take
immediate action--with my blessings...

.... it would be the same for all my "second in commands"...

Only an idiot would think one man really runs this country. Not even
bill gates can run ms all by himself... this country is a MUCH LARGER
problem to put under one man...

Indeed, old little georgie boy does something that congress doesn't
like and his little butt could be toast...

John

"robert casey" wrote in message
news
John Smith wrote:

Robert:

I would think a real president would have surrounded himself with
highly capable people.

In the event of ANY threat, accident or other occurrence, a
contingency plan would already be in place which would cover the
emergency in question

To have such plans, you have to think of all possible
threats ahead of time. But in this case, enough people
figured out what to do to handle it. Someone at the FAA
decided on his own to clear the air of all aircraft.
A sensible move, you don't know if there are more
aircraft that will get hijacked. But we had the people
in the government who were smart enough to make these
decisions as needed. So the president did have a good
staff.

My comment about Bush's not bailing out of a 2nd grade
classroom was that it tended to make him look as
if he was thinking "Oh Sh-t, now what am I gonna do".
Maybe the kids would be disappointed if I bailed
right then, but they'd soon understand that night that I had
a whole country to take care of.