Old July 22nd 05, 04:25 PM
D Peter Maus

Rufus Leaking wrote:
The ARS written test has been a joke for years. All the answers are
published, all one has to do is buy the book and memorize the answers..
no need to actually KNOW anything

a bit of a strawman argument, as the other FCC exams are also
published. When I tested for my 1st Class lic back in 78 (now the GROL)
we learned the test by taking and retaking older tests, provided to us
at Brown Inst by the FCC themselves.

You still gotta know the maths to do the formulae, etc. But most the
other regualtory stuff is easy to whip by rote memory...

The dirty little secret is that ALL Federally required tests are
published as required by law. Even FAA tests are published.

The testing issue is not an issue. And hasn't been for a long time.

And they're all multiple choice.