Old February 29th 04, 04:52 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:41:36 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
om...
Hi Folks:
A guy at work bought his old guitar amp to get looked at. The
tech said he needed new tubes. (probably really doesn't). However, I
needed to bring in my 833A and said he needed 2 tubes like this!! He
was hysterical!
The tech and I got talking about BIG glass tubes. I was wondering if
anyone knows of a bigger glass tube than 833a , 852 , 861, 4-1000a
etc.
Thanks!
Harry

These are pretty big. They're described as 5 feet tall. They're from
Powel Crosley's 500 kw WLW transmitter:

http://hawkins.pair.com/wlw/wlw3.jpg

This is from:

http://hawkins.pair.com/wlw.shtml

Good Gawd, but that is a terrible page to try to read after they load
the background!

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Frank Dresser