Old July 23rd 05, 02:37 AM
Kim

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Will we measure up?

- Mike KB3EIA -

I hope so. I know both you and I and many others will try.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

What, exactly, are people supposed to "measure up" to in ham radio? We are
all amateur radio operators. None of us has a thing to prove to the
other--at least not as far as I can see it. We each have our preferences,
etc. I would no more expect anyone to "measure up" to me; than I would have
them expect me to "measure up" to them.

That is a basic fault of amateur radio, I think--the "competitiveness" of
it. I think the minute that limitations are introduced into an environment,
it is set up for such a pitfall--because people cannot generally rise above
it. By the very nature of the licensing structure, ham radio is a
contentious environment.

Anyway, came into this late, and it chaps my hide to see people expecting
others to "measure up" to, what: their importance, or something? I don't
know...maybe I am misunderstanding this one post I've read in this thread.

Kim W5TIT
Not planning on trying to measure up to anything, but my own expectations of
myself.