Old July 23rd 05, 02:55 PM
Northe Osbrink

Jim,

Jim wrote:

i am trying to use my rs loop with my dx390/ats818 radio. when i tune it
to the hot spot it works backwards! it attenuates the signal instead of
boosting it! what the heck? the loop seems to work alright with other
radios, but this is giving me a problem. opinions?

Try reorienting the loop -- it may be that it isn't pointing at the
station you want, so you are peaking on background noise. On a weak
signal, the position can be very critical. Also on most loops there can
be a substantial dip in signal strength if it is tuned somewhat off the
peak.

I'm sure that the loop is working fine.

Northe
N6KO