Old July 23rd 05, 10:28 PM
kk4tl

Hey man you leave Wayne Greene outa thissa here argy-ment. Wayne's a
hero. A legend in his own mind .. I mean ... time.

You shoulda been there. Atlanta hamfest in the late 1970s. When it
was held at the old Marriott. He was a forum speaker there. We
dropped in 2 years in a row - 1977 &1978. It was when "hobby
computers", as he called them, were first coming on. Both times he
announced (emphatically) that he was going to become a billionaire (he
emphisized the "b") writing computer games. (To this day I wonder if
Bill Gates is feeling the heat of Mr. Greene's impending takeover.)

The 2nd year, he announced that his ex had just cleaned his clock in
the divorce by taking Byte magazine from him. No problem - Kilobaud
was gonna blow their doors off. He'd show her who could put out a
computer magazine. Yeah right. Hey I Wonder what a complete
collection of Kilobaud's would fetch on ebay. Har har har.

After one of the "seminars" we were even fortunate enough to ride the
same elevator as Mr. Green and his entourage. Hmmm .. wonder what ever
became of Sherry. We were guessing she was the cause of "the divorce".
She was no Pamela Anderson, but for Mr. Greene, she was quite a fine
specimen of "the younger woman".