Old July 24th 05, 12:04 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, John

Yep, and I'm gonna laugh my *ss off when they start using the FM band (oh -
I forgot, they already are) and the AM band. I hope they clobber your ball
game on dish network too

The reality is that somehow there has to be some regulation. Ever been on a
freeway and encountered some idiot (likely drunk) going the wrong way?

Heck, if it gets bad, I can handle it. It isn't the number of guns you
have, it's who you shoot.

25 feet of bell wire on a spark plug to a lawn mower will kill the idiot
running 25 kw screaming "audiooooo....". If he can't hear 'em, he can't
work 'em.

That is just a very simple "for openers".

I've got more twists than a snake, but hope I'll not need them ))

I mention only the obvious; I'll not reveal the really nasty stuff that is
hard to track ..... pins in coax doesn't count; too simple.

Bring 'em on!!!! ROTFLMAO

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"John Smith" wrote in message
Loray:

Yeah, kinda like the fall of the "Berlin Wall", all at once and quite
surprising, at least to those hams caught sleeping, huh?

John

"loray" wrote in message
My qth is Bowling Green KY.

Been monitoring hf freqs today, since sunrise. Observed
following:

6670 khz, three guys talking about truck driving and where
they will stop next, type stuff they carrying, etc.

14178 khz, man & woman, never gave a call sign, talked
over a hour, used cb slang, set sked for tonight.

28422 khz, two guys talking about how code not needed for a
ham license anymore, never gave call signs, sounded like
freebanders. Said they were starting a net on this freq.

Above sampling would tend to indicate ham bands are being
invaded, and the 6 mhz stuff tells me there is little or no
enforcement going on.

73,

loray