Old March 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Chuck Harris

I suppose it is possible that the mixing action of the HFO requires
more power out of the VFO on some bands than it does on others. Perhaps
the shorting cap dropped the output of the VFO enough so that it would
work only on the 10 M band. I would have thought it would go the other
way, though.

-Chuck Harris

CL wrote:
Well, it did. I did as I said and the problem was cured. Hey... I didn't
believe it either! It made no sense. It isn't the first time I've seen weird
things happen that beat theory or logic. I've stopped believing that what
most say can't happen - won't. But why I went to the VFO was due to the
"tuning dropping out - the way it was happening". Just made me think to look
there first - lucky hunch maybe, but it paid off. CL

"Ray" wrote in message