Old July 24th 05, 04:15 PM
John N9JG

How big a guy are you anyway? Are you a former football player with a 300 lb
pull and maybe you're just too rough on the machine?

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
I bought one with the idea of saving the original and using the
replacement. However, when I tried to start the generator with the new
plug, the recoil starter mechanism broke!

It seems that the spring assembly was spot welded in four places to the
housing cover. I suspect three out of four welds were completely
defective, and the fourth didn't last long. It may have been the fourth
or fifth time I tried to start the generator.

I didn't want to go to the trouble of shipping a heavy generator to some
repair depot, so I took it back to Walmart for a refund. I will miss
having a generator that is just small enough to fit into the trunk of a
Toyota Corolla, yet is capable of supplying a modest amount of power.
However, another copy of the same generator, or a new recoil starter
mechanism, is likely to fail again for the same reason. I certainly can't
recommend getting one after this experience.

73, Fred, K4DII