Old July 24th 05, 08:54 PM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

You can see pictures of how it used to be at:

http://kauko.hallikainen.org/history/equipment/

Go to the sub-heading "Stations" and click on "ADA." It's about
an Army station in the 1950s whose transmitter site at over
three dozen HF transmitters ranging from 1 KW to 40 KW output.
Station ADA was only the third largest in the worldwide Army
network at the time. I was there for three years and most of
the pictures are from my own camera. All vacuum tubes, of
course, this was in the 1950s.

The other document under "Stations" is from a brochure done
up by the same battalion I served in, but ten years later.
All Signal Corps photographs.

of clocks and wris****ches on time every night...automatically.

So lennieboy thinks that by getting to walk by a high power Army radio
installation sometime in the 1950's and taking a few pictures made him
an expert radioman. Kinda like how he blusters on about ham radio "Morse
Men".