Old July 25th 05, 02:29 AM
an old friend

robert casey wrote:

NASA has a rather large PR department, adjacent to a large
"technology licensing" department, all of which is intended
to help support NASA operations' budgets. Their PR is on a
higher level than the ARRL's PR, but both tend to generate
a considerable number of MYTHS in their respective areas.

NASA pays people to write "MYTHS"...???

He probably was talking about the supposed "spin-offs"
from the space program to regular consumer products.
Many such were actually spin doctoring. But the space
program was/is still worth doing, and some products were
developed quicker because of it. ICs and such.

I Think Len agrees. I certainly but it just goes to show that NASA like
anything else in the Govt. Always spin yourself up as much as
possible.

which of course is a part of the basis on which various folks claim
that ARES and MARS press is also over blown, there is something there
but it spun up and out of reality