Old July 24th 05, 10:43 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

uncle arnie schrieb:

Much stronger signal area than western North America.

I took a Sangean ATS 606A with me. I wouldn't bother next time. I picked
up a "Luxus Weltempfänger mit PLL Tuner" (luxury short-wave receiver with
pll tuner) made by Elta of Germany for 9.95?, which is about $12 US or
14.50 Cdn. It does not have the MW 9 versus 10 hz adjustment so not usable
for MW in North America, but for this price it is a throw away. It uses
the Sangean wall wart which has an auto-switch and changeable plugs for the
European pin plugs and higher voltage. I bought it in Globus which is
Germany's answer to Walmart from the look of the place and unusual range of
stuff.

Now you know why europeans want a GOOD SW-RX with GREAT selectivity..:-)

And of course immunity to overload...

dxAce
Michigan
USA