Old July 25th 05, 12:25 PM
K4YZ

So, given a thousand questions, a thousand correct answers,
and three thousand incorrect answers, I doubt that all but
a rare few eidetic-aptitude humans could "ace" such a test.
That "memorization passing" excuse used by so many is just
BS...BS of low quality at that, lots of smell but of little
value.

But so far YOU can't pass a test with only 35 questions in it...So
why the subterfuge about 1000...?!?!

U.S. amateur radio is a HOBBY...(SNIP)

Says who?

The FCC doesn't.

No where in Part 97 does the word "hobby" appear.

Are there people who participate in Amateur Radio as a
"HOBBY"...?!?! Certainly..just as there are people who participate in
Emergency Medical Services, Search And Rescue, Meals-on-Wheels, etc for
whatever personal gratification they can glean from it.

That people do "have fun" does NOT negate the value of the Amateur
Radio SERVICE as the disaster relief, emergency communications and
health and welfare medium that it ALSO is.

(UNSNIP)...not an occupation...(SNIP)

It is to many. It provides jobs.

(UNSNIP)...not some vital service to the nation.

It is that too.

That YOU don't think it is is irrelevent.

I just wish that more would
treat it as such instead of wandering off in the haze of
their clouded imaginations about their "federal
authorization" license and imagined self-importance.

I am sure you DO wish that many would treat it that way. Then all
of your rantings, musings and other mispent efforts herein would be
justified.

Sorry for you "they" don't, eh?

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ