Old July 25th 05, 05:38 PM
K4YZ

an_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
From: Leo on Jul 23, 11:23 am

While the ubiquitous ball-point pen is used for making notes
in ham "logs," the precise frequencies noted down are kept
accurate by the PLL or DDS in modern amateur transceivers.

Nope.

The precise frequencies are "kept" by the station licensee who
ensures that his or her station is kept in good operating order.

the rigs do that the operator may or may not be checking thier work but
the rigs do it

break
And if the rigs FAIL to do it, who do you think the FCC is going to
send the "Pink QSL Card" to...?!?!

the operator

Then my point is made. Thanks Markie.

If they notice

and if they can find him/or her

Sure they can. Been following the FCC's lists of NOUO's? Seems
they are pretty good at it.

Matter of fact, I bet they can even find YOU!

and more of your beating a dead horses ###

Is that what that was? I thought it was your face.

I'll apologize to Trigger later.

So...Provide me some example of NASA "PR" that is a myth.

Lenn already has provided several, he does know the feild better than I

No, he doesn't.

His list of ALLEGED NASA myths is nothing of the sort.

Any of the stories he related can be traced to any number of MEDIA
sources that misrepresented the FACTS.

Lennie just like's to think he's a Mythbuster.

Fact of the matter is he's just an antiquated gaspasser.

Steve, K4YZ