Old July 25th 05, 08:54 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm sure Eton wants this thing to be a success. I'd like it to succeed
too, for that matter, as it would help the hobby. However, in my
opinion, if Eton really wants the E1 to succeed, they should bring the
price down....and I mean WAY down. When I could buy an RX-320D for
around $350, it's awfully hard for me to rationalize buying the E1
unless I just really, really need portability. And I don't think there
are very many people out there who need the portability so badly that
they'd spend that much more money for what is ultimately a lesser
receiver.

Given what the E1 promises to deliver in the way of performance, I
think it should go for around $250 and certainly not for more than
$300. I mean, at the end of the day this receiver is a portable. It's
not an R8B; it's not a 7030+; it's not an HF-150. It's a portable
receiver with some extra doodads tacked on. I'd be willing to bet that
my Sony SW77 could run rings around it on shortwave, but I hope I'm
wrong.

Steve

Well Steve

it's too late for me. I already orded one from the Sharper Image. $500
plus $26 shipping and tax comes to a grand total of $563. They have a $20
off $100 coupon but wouldn't honor it for the radio giving me some excuse
the "manufacturer" won't allow it. Nor will they honor the free shipping
off $50 order. Problem is it's not online yet. Phone orders only right
now.

What can you do. The good part is I have one on the way and have a local
SI rifht near me. If I don't like it within 60 days, it goes back. I'm
happy I orderd it. The radio does more for me then those pieces of paper
called money. Plus, I hardly ever treat myself to anything good.
Hope it a good receiver!!!!!

Lucky

That free shipping offer can be used if you tell them you'll order a $500
item only if you get that free shipping deal. Tell them paying tax is
enough. That's you're not going pay for shipping also and to honor that
coupon. So that should bring the price down to $535 with tax.

Lucky