Old March 9th 04, 03:26 AM
William Warren

"- - ex - -" wrote in message
William Warren wrote:

At a time in our nation's history when the rich and well connected
were scurrying to park their sons' yachts in safe backwaters, a well
connected young man raised his hand, took an oath, and took
everything that came with it. You can't fake that kind of courage,
and you can't spin his opponent's kind of cowardice. John Kerry was
there.

Bill Warren

THE FOLLOWING ITEM APPEARED IN A NON-PARTISAN (BUT EXTREMELY
CYNICAL) NEWSLETTER FOR INVESTORS. THE NEWSLETTER HAS BEEN RELENTLESSLY
CRITICAL OF BUSH ADMINISTRATION ECONOMIC POLICIES.

(unatributed rant snipped)

They really ought to give you GOP PR types a quick course in Netiquette
before they set you loose on the world: your ALL CAPS post shows you haven't
been associating with the hoi poloi for a long time.

Let's see, where can I start:

Nice one! No inconvenient IP address to trip you up. Win 98, too, at least
according to your headers. You guys _do_ occasionally learn from your
mistakes, don't you?

"Non partison (but extremely cynical) newsletter for investors..."

Wow, I'm impressed. In terms of FUD and intimidation, that's at least a 5
out of 10. I can't question your honesty because I'm not an "investor", and
I'm ashamed to admit that I don't hang around with non-partisan and cynical
newletter types. Way to go, GOP PR man!

"The newsletter has been relentlessly critical of Bush administration
economic policies".

Oh, of course, and that's -so- easily verifiable, given your thorough
coverage of the "newsletter" and it's background. I'm just brimming with
patriotic left-wing fervor now that I know your "newletter" is "critical" -
nea, "relentlessly critical" - of shrub and his let-them-eat-dog-food
economic policies. I'm all warm and fuzzy, you've won me over, I trust you
without reservation. With the issue of your background, credentials, agenda,
and employer settled, let's get to the good part.

"...from a source we`re not sure we can reveal, said to be a retired Rear
Admiral..."

Ah, jeez, Mom, can't I meet the Real (sorry, "Rear") Admiral? Can I? Huh?
Puhleeze?

I can't reveal *my* source, but (s)he said that it was really a retired
corporate huckster collecting corporate welfare from the big island in
Hawai, who dusts off his traveling salesman cap and majik elixar bottles
every four years when the oil boys throw enough money at him. Trust me: my
source is just as unimpeachable as yours!

"1) Kerry was in-country less than four months and collected, a Bronze Star,
a Silver Star and three purple hearts. I never heard of anybody with any
outfit I worked with (including SEAL One, the Sea Wolves, Riverines and the
River Patrol Force) collecting that much hardware so fast, and for such
pedestrian actions. "

Hmmm - "collecting" is a nice choice he it infers that Kerry didn't
deserve that "hardware", but leaves me a little flat on the impedimenta of
how he "collected" that "hardware" without his commander and (IIRC) four
other senior offices certifying that he deserved it. Oh, well, let's not get
bogged down in details like exactly which Admiral's rear this came from.

BTW, that use of "pedestrian" is first rate FUD: it infers that nobody was
really shooting at anybody, nobody got wounded, nobody killed, nothing much
except the usual humdrum routine of having men in black pajamas shoot at you
with - heaven forfend! - real 7.63 mm ammunition - instead of the deadly
innuendo and poisonous slander that Kerry's own countrymen would shoot at
him 30+ years later.

Of course, in the world of big oil, big banks, big "investors", and big
lies, only the ungrateful and unapreciative working man - like me - would be
so rude as to ask why this "Rear Admiral" didn't come forward way back when.
Only someone who didn't understand the winks and nods that those-in-the-know
trade during $5,000 per plate dinners could possibly be so impertinent as to
ask how an arrogant, rich, drunk daddy's boy could have the gall to hire you
to slander a reputation built on blood and deeds, when his was built on
daddy's money and a PR firm's expertise.

It's a great country: only in America could someone type out bald-faced lies
and not mention that Shrub was, depending on which version is currently
being floated, either in Alabama, Arkansas, or Georgia - but not Texas,
where he was supposedly assigned. Only in America could an unnamed,
unavailable, unattributed "Real (sorry, 'Rear') Admiral" be created out of
whole cloth so that the oilmen could grasp for another four years of
let-them-eat-dog-food.

Shrub was drunk, although the details are, uh, foggy.

John Kerry was there.

And that, Mr. PR expert, is for attribution.

Bill Warren.

(Email address contains anti-spam measure)