Old July 26th 05, 04:10 AM
Ed

"I plan on building a short dipole (inverted V) for traveling in my

tiny
RV. It will be designed for 75M."

A 70 microhenry, or any inductor, is lossy. Why not make the RV part of
a small loop which can be tuned with a low-loss capacitor?

My father-in-law was W1DBM, now SK (born 6-6-6) who did the RV thing

and
ham radio most of his life. He found his Airstream loop was 15 to 32 dB
better than a trailer dipole or whip.

W1DBM`s loop appears in a 1978 ARRL "Antenna Anthology"

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

I'll have to look that up, but I don't think a loop is a viable
option. For one thing, my trailer is only 17' long body. Plus, there is
no way I can get on the roof of this small trailer without dragging
around a ladder. Also, I expect to want to use this antenna when the
trailer is not available, such as possible tent camping.

Thanks for the input, though.

Ed K7AAT