Old July 26th 05, 10:17 PM
Zombie Wolf

Ah but you must avoid upsetting GOD (oops I mean Richard.). A simple answer
about grounding given to a guy a while back put him into apoplectic fits,
necessitating the doubling of his meds. You see, "ground" ISN'T "ground".
That isn't "clever" enough for Richard. He promptly claimed that rf currents
flowing in a ground system were a "bad thing' and proceeded to "explain" it
all to us. I wish my elmer 30 years ago had been as "clever" as Richard. All
these books on the shelves simply are irrelevant, because nothing can be
simple, you see... It must be complicated, even if it IS wrong........

"W5DXP" wrote in message
oups.com...
Richard Clark wrote:
Needless to say, that same first interface is going to conserve energy
by the total of refraction and reflection being equal to the energy
incident upon it. I will skip that to allow ALL of this second
reflection to "try" to totally cancel the first reflection:
110mW - 92mW
or
18mW

Richard, if you follow the leads of other gurus on this newsgroup,
you will 'ploink' me, never admit a mistake, and dupe yourself
into believing that you were right all along. Your "Extreme Failures
of Poor Concepts" could have been avoided if you guys had just read and

understood the following two quotes that I have posted multiple times.
What is it about, "... all 'lost' reflected intensity will appear as
enhanced intensity in the transmitted beam.", that you guys don't
understand?

www.mellesgriot.com/products/optics/oc_2_1.htm

"Clearly, if the wavelength of the incident light and the thickness
of the film are such that a phase difference exists between reflections

of p, then reflected wavefronts interfere destructively, and overall
reflected intensity is a minimum. If the two reflections are of equal
amplitude, then this amplitude (and hence intensity) minimum will be
zero."

"In the absence of absorption or scatter, the principle of conservation

of energy indicates all 'lost' reflected intensity will appear as
enhanced intensity in the transmitted beam. The sum of the reflected
and
transmitted beam intensities is always equal to the incident intensity.

This important fact has been confirmed experimentally."

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/j...ons/index.html

"... when two waves of equal amplitude and wavelength that are 180-
degrees out of phase with each other meet, they are not actually
annihilated. All of the photon energy present in these waves must
somehow be recovered or redistributed in a new direction, according to
the law of energy conservation ... Instead, upon meeting, the photons
are redistributed to regions that permit constructive interference, so
the effect should be considered as a redistribution of light waves and
photon energy rather than the spontaneous construction or destruction
of light."
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp