Old July 26th 05, 04:24 PM
K4YZ

an_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
They say that imitation is a form of flattery.

such ego

Nope.

Wasn't me that made the "old saying".

which of course was the point

but then I was expecting too much of you

The point was that you were claiming it had anything to do the subject

Sure it did.

I MADE the subject.

Guess I owe someone a "thanks", then...

nope you owe the ham unknown as he/she is an apology for getting their
QSL

Nope.

of course

Explain how?

You think I ran out and mugged the postman and intercepted a QSL
card I didn't know was being sent?

Are you REALLY that idiotic?

Why would I owe somebody an apology for someone ELSE'S
error..?!?!

No you owe the apology for claiming the card which belong to someone
else

I didn't claim it.

If I HAD "claimed" it, DeviantBoy, I wouldn't have admitted from
the FIRST post that I hadn't earned it.

I didn't send the card nor did I ask that it be sent.

but you are here on USENET boasting of getting it

I am not boasting. I said I got it, and by mistake at that.

I just got a QSL card in the mail from "NBL", the Navy base at
Groton CT for the 14 May 2005 Armed Forces Day Crossband Test.

The only problem is that I was on a Civil Air Patrol exercise that
weekend and nowhere near any Amateur HF gear.

Perhaps just a copy error at NBL, but who knows...

such humility

Yep. You're welcome to provide some reference that it was anything
else...otherwise we'll jsut chalk it up to your jealousy.

I have cards I am prouder of, and that I in fact earned

That's the point made, dimwit.

So do I...like my two cards from MIR. One when I was still
licensed as KC8M, the other with my (then new) K4YZ.

I COULD have "pulled a Markie" and claimed it as my own. But that
would be lying.

then you admitt o lying good for you

Nope. I said just the opposite.

I stated that had I claimed the card it WOULD have been lying.

Are you really this idiotic, or is it just a "summer thing..."
???

Steve, K4YZ