Old July 26th 05, 06:06 PM
Frank Dresser

"Zenith" wrote in message
Recently had my Tecsun BCL-2000 screwed up recently (Had it in my
checked luggage on a flight, and after I got it home the AM dial was
filled with images and AM reception was generally crippled. Anyone
have any ideas on what might have happened?), and I'm thinking about
replacing it. I had fun with the radio until the fatal flight...

I don't know specifically about the Tecsun, but many radios have a ferrite
bar antenna which is mounted from one end. A sudden jolt might crack one of
the solder joints or pads at the mounting end. If you're able to
disassemble the radio, it's pretty easy to check. A little re-soldering
might fix it.

Frank Dresser