Old July 27th 05, 02:50 PM
Cecil Moore

Ham op wrote:
Question to the younger crowd ... Why did I have TVI?

Cecil, you should not answer. But, I suspect you had the same
experience. Note: Cecil and I both have formal technical training.

Back around 1954, I put 600 feet of copperweld in the air,
fed by a modified ART-13 running 500 watts. The lights
in my room would dim during key down.

The closest TV transmitter was 90 miles away in Houston.
Madisonville, TX had no TV cable system at the time. When
I fired up, I wiped out TV reception for a good 100 square
miles. My parents took the ART-13 away from me, made me take
down the 600 ft. random wire, and go back to my 40w Globe
Scout and 40m dipole. :-(

I also came through rather distorted on a local church's
sound system. Some of the congregation thought that God
was speaking to them in an unknown tongue. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp