Old July 27th 05, 04:13 PM

I get over to the Goodwill thrift store every day around noontime.There
are two other Goodwill thrift stores and a Salvation Army store and a
Rescue Mission thrift store in the metro Jackson area and a lot of other
junk shops and fleamarkets too,but I am not going to be out driving
around town everyday looking for bargains,I have too much junk here
anyway.Another good place to look for tube type radios is at the yard
sales and the classifieds in your local area newspapers and online
newspapers. www.kidon.com links to all of the online newspapes and
many other news sites,radio and tv around the World.The Goodwill thrift
store I go to every day (except when they are closed on Sunday's and
hollidays) is only seven tenths of a mile South of me and the radios
there sell from $2.00 to $4.00.You can also post notices on bulletin
boards for old radios.One of the local freebie classifieds physical
newspapers around here is www.americanclassifieds.com There used to be
another one called Thrifty Nickle but I haven't seen that one in my area
in a long while.They might have went out business.
cuhulin