Old March 12th 04, 05:40 AM
John Miller

Bob wrote:
What is the best homebrew antenna our there to make? I have a 50ft tower
that I have had a 22ft something omni telescoping aluminum antenna with
some as long as possible ground planes (4). It works good on most bands, I
have a good antenna tuner. I have to bring it down and fix it so wondering
what alternatives are available to throw back up. I like to keep the omni
style. What would be a practical length for the whip and or is there a
copper wire style antenna that would perform better? Thanks for
opinions!!!

Frequenc{y,ies}, transmit or receive only?

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Between infinite and short there is a big difference.
-G.H. Gonnet