Old March 12th 04, 11:18 AM
Thomas C. Sefranek

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,
What is the best homebrew antenna our there to make? I have a 50ft tower
that I have had a 22ft something omni telescoping aluminum antenna with

some
as long as possible ground planes (4). It works good on most bands, I have

good antenna tuner. I have to bring it down and fix it so wondering what
alternatives are available to throw back up. I like to keep the omni

style.
What would be a practical length for the whip and or is there a copper

wire
style antenna that would perform better? Thanks for opinions!!!

For simplicity, a dipole is hard to beat!

Have you considered using the TOWER as the (vertical) antenna?

--
*
| __O Thomas C. Sefranek
|_-\,_ Amateur Radio Operator: WA1RHP
(*)/ (*) Bicycle mobile on 145.41, 448.625 MHz

http://hamradio.cmcorp.com/inventory/Inventory.html
http://www.harvardrepeater.org